Monday, July 16, 2007

The Arrival: Part 2

While Ellie and I were in the hospital...we received lots of well wishes: cards, phone calls, a balloon bouquet, and visitors! Here are a few highlights from the rest of our time in the hospital! And thank you to EACH one of you who sent a text or card or called or came by...it was so special to us!

Did you know they have people who come around and force you to take pictures of your baby? Honestly it wasn't that bad...but as a new mom (and new grandparents)...we were all a little weirded / freaked out. A REALLY peppy lady came into our room with a cart and slapped a bow on Ellie's head:


She handed Ellie to her Papa and made him hold her several different ways for pictures:




Please note that the Picture Lady stuck her finger IN Ellie's mouth (I don't remember why)! She did have on gloves (which made me feel safe until her Papa said he figured she probably used the same glove for all the babies....WHAT!?!?!?!). Here's a picture of me from the "photo shoot" with Picture Lady. I figured this one wasn't too bad.


Two of my good friends from college and work at DBU came to see Ellie and I! For those of you who did not ever work in Apartment Life or hang out with me after I graduated...the following will not make any sense to you. For those of you who did: you're welcome. ("Hull-ew?" "What doing?" "Ahhh yes." "Biggie Smalls!" "YEESH!" "Logan." "HO-kay peace out!" "D mi-NUS!" "The Trustee Show.") Those are just a few good memories. Oh...and let's throw in a "Christmas Bush Lighting" for any DBU'ers out there.

Here's a picture of John (aka: "Sam") Adams holding Ellie:


And here's a picture of Andy Maier holding Ellie:


The Spence's sent us an AMAZING balloon bouquet to welcome Ellie! It was precious to me that they were so thoughtful, not to mention the fact that DeAnn's doctor used to be Dr. McAlpine! God gave me a peace about using Dr. McAlpine the day I came to work and DeAnn and I talked about him. She was a great support during my pregnancy and always seemed to tell me how good I looked...even when I felt like a whale! Here's the balloon bouquet (it's actually much bigger than the picture!) and Nana telling Ellie about it!



This should be it for the Arrival posts unless I find more pictures hidden somewhere else! :)

1 comment:

John Adams said...

Its about time my pic got put up here! Okay, okay, cute kid too. Okay fine, she's friggin adorable and I want to see her again. There! You win! ;)