Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm Slow. So Slow! But This Is Long.

So I have obviously had Ellie...almost TWO months ago now! She will be two months old on June 15th...and I think I'm the slowest EVER at getting back on the internet and posting! But here it is. I'm posting! Allow me to do a quick blurb on the birth...

It was long. LONG! Well...it seemed long anyway. :) I started having contractions at about 9 a.m. on Saturday, April 14th. I watched them for a while, and when they were the right length apart for two hours...we left for the hospital! This was around 3:30 p.m. that afternoon. I was in labor all night...and was given an epidural and pitocin around 5 or 6 a.m. on April 15th. I got to rest for a while (I am now a COMPLETE advocate for epidurals!)...and was able to start pushing at 12:30 p.m. Ellie was born at 1:11 p.m. on April 15th! She was healthy, and although there were some complications during labor...everything turned out just fine!

So here we are, almost 2 months later, and Ellie has completely turned my world upside down! She is beautiful and SO sweet! I have loved every minute of being a mom...even the hard ones! I am lucky to be her mom...and I know with a lot of praying and advice from others...hopefully I won't screw her up too badly! :)

I also quit my job...which was a huge leap of faith for me! It sounds crazy, yes, but I just felt it was the right thing to do for both of us. I have been doing an online teacher certification program since December, and am finishing that up. And I'm applying for teaching positions and other random administrative stuff...and praying that the right thing will happen and that I will be open to it. Needless to say, I have been busy and a little stressed out! I am also making a promise to figure out how to add pictures on here, and that once I figure it out, that I will post some. I have a million people that I still have not sent pictures to...so if that's you...I apologize! Please don't hate me. As I said in the beginning - I'm slow! So slow! Before I end this FIRST post since Ellie's birth, I want to say a few not very brief words about some of the people who have supported me endlessly (so if you get bored easily...MOVE ON!):

CANDICE - You have been my ROCK since I found out I was going to have Ellie. You looked at the stick. You were at every doctor's appointment. You held my hand through some rough phone calls. You went shopping with me. You told me I looked better than the other pregnant women when I didn't. You bought me Ginger Altoids and anything else I needed to help my morning sickness. You intervened when I almost killed a few people with my bare hands. You almost killed a few people with your bare hands. You stopped at Sonic on the way to work every day. You drove me when I was too tired or achy or fat. You listened to me whine and complain. You threw me two babby* showers. You left work early to come stand and sway and hold my hair back for 24 hours. You cut the cord. You brought me pizza. You gave Ellie her first Vacay...including her first ride in a car with a calf. I love you. I couldn't have done it without you. You are completely unselfish. You are my hero.

MOM & DAD - You guys have been there for Ellie and I in ways I never imagined. You have held my hand and hers through some of the most difficult and exciting times in our lives. I love you both for who you are and for how much you have cared for and loved my daughter. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I am forever grateful to God for giving me such amazing parents. Thank you.

TRAVIS - The always stable and always loving brother. I am so happy you are Ellie's uncle. She has no idea what an amazing and fun person you are to be around...although she will learn! You have been an incredible support for Ellie and me. I cannot begin to thank you enough for just being you. And for the competition you have provided over the years...even if it is just a high-kick contest! ;) I love you with all my heart. I couldn't imagine my life without you.

HOOT - You will always be so precious to me. You have a heart of gold...and you inspire me. You are always encouraging. I know Ellie has no idea what "dressing up" means yet...but she soon will. And I know she will have just as much fun doing it as we did. I love you. Thank you for everything.

I know this doesn't even begin to scrape the surface of the people who have supported Ellie and me...but I had to name a few. For those of you I didn't name - I love you, and I can't wait for Ellie to meet each and every one of you. I know she will cherish you as much as I do. I am blessed.

*For those of you who have not already heard, the word "baby" no longer exists. It has been replaced by "babby". The word "babby" will receive it's own short post, explaining the origin and meaning, etc., as it is most deserving. So for now...all you have is this teaser. Maybe it will entice you to keep reading!

3 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

I can not tell you how excited I am that you have updated your blog!! I have been thinking about you so much these last 2 months wondering how everything is going. I know the first two months can be very difficult with the no sleep thing. But you guys sound like you are doing so great!!! I MUST see pictures soon!! Thank you for the baby, sorry, babby announcement. I love that little picture. We have it on our refrigerator. Love ya! And can't wait to hear more.

Murrell Family said...

I'm so glad that you posted! I have been wondering how you and Ellie have been doing. Call me and I will tell you how to add pictures...I need pictures! Love you!

Rach said...

YEA for an update!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you and Ellie and I can't wait to see pictures of her! I'm glad things are going well...you will make a terrific mother!!! Being a Mother is the most wonderful thing in the worlds, the good, the bad, and everything in between...it's all worth it! Pictures SOON!!!!!!